Saturday, July 17, 2021

Poem: ‘No matter how the weather may be’

 

‘No matter how the weather may be’

⛅⛄⛆🌈

Looking intently at the sky,

For dark clouds coming this way.

May be it will rain tomorrow

If not today…

 

As I rolled out the rotis flat,

I heard a familiar sound

Rushing out, I danced

To the patter of the drizzle

 

The thunder boomed

And lightning flashed.

A hundred buckets of water

Drenched me head to toe.

 

Shivering and trembling,

I went into the house.

The rotis were burnt

I braced myself for an upcoming storm

 

It rained for three days straight.

Every now and then

I asked it to stop and asked,

“Oh, will I ever see the sun again?”

 

After years it seemed,

When light finally broke through

The thick blanket of melancholy

Patience does pay off, after all

 

 

Welcoming the harbinger

Of joy and laughter,

I made a firm resolve

To spend the day outdoors.

 

Till nine, I was a sun flower.

By ten, I was soaked in sweat.

By eleven, I felt as if I’ll burn.

By noon, I was done!

 

As I sat in a pensive state,

It occurred to me that:

No matter how rainy or how sunny

May the weather be;

It can’t possibly please everybody.


* No  part of the poem can be published. If done so, strict action would be taken against the plagiariser.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

'Will you remember me?'

  'Will you remember me?'   Lying on the monsoon grass, Amid the silence of the night I hear clashing and clinking Of the thoughts r...