Monday, July 15, 2024

'Will you remember me?'

 

'Will you remember me?'

 



Lying on the monsoon grass,

Amid the silence of the night

I hear clashing and clinking

Of the thoughts running inside me.

What are you to me?

What am I to you?

 

Two lonely metal pieces

Drifting in the outer space

We sometimes want

To feel the warmth

Brought by love and tender care

Like the lingering earthy scent

After mid-July rains.

 

I thought I was fine on my own

But then you came along

As we floated in

The ever-flowing river of time,

My heart erupted

In an undaunted melody.

 

I wish I could be nearer to

Hear your hearty laughs

Look into your deep, raven eyes

And tell you truly how I feel

May be you would or

May be you won’t-

Half agony, half hope.


I kiss the tendrils of creeper

My little, silent keeper

Of secrets and longings.

Scattered mirror shards

Reflecting everywhere

Kaleidoscopic memories

Of times gone forever.

 

The promises never made

The words never spoken

The roads not taken…

Your orbit is an ellipse

And mine is a circle

Is an intersection even possible?

 

Someday you might find

Another satellite to be with you

Forlorn I’ll be but still

I cherished you enough to let you go.

Once you’ve travelled the seven seas

I wonder if you’ll look back

And remember me.

                                        

                                     -Sayee Bhakare

 


20 comments:

  1. I really love the metaphorical aspect of this poem! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautifully emoted poetry!! Great work Sayee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apart from the beautiful harmony of the wordplay n sentiments, I particularly like how the theme resonates flawlessly with your username ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chaitrali! I'm glad you noticed the celestial reference 🙂

      Delete
  4. Awesome ♥️♥️. I can proudly say that my best friend is a very good poet

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poem doesn't sound like one written by an amateur poet at all. Beautifully penned, loved the metaphors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Sam! But I still have a lot to learn :)

      Delete
  6. It's a masterpiece for sure..!!✨
    Waiting for another 👀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. Just wonderful.. Keep on the great work.

    ReplyDelete

'Will you remember me?'

  'Will you remember me?'   Lying on the monsoon grass, Amid the silence of the night I hear clashing and clinking Of the thoughts r...