Sunday, June 27, 2021

Poem: Scribbling

 

Scribbling’

With a pen and a book,

I scribbled what I could.

Still, I needed something more

Chewing the end of my pen,

I figured it out- inspiration!

But where, when and how to find it?

Those were the questions

I couldn’t find an answer to…

 

My paper was carried away

By the naughty gust of wind.

I ran behind it

Alas! It was too swift for me!

What to do now?

Though the sheet was blank,

I just wanted it back.

I was being unnecessarily adamant, you’d say

Well, as if I didn’t know that!

 

Dejected, I sat

And looked up at the blue sky.

Sometimes clear and sometimes cloudy.

In my pensive mood, I reflected

Sometimes sweet, sometimes bitter...

Isn't that what life is?

I found what I had been looking for

And I scribbled that down.


 * No part of the poem can be copied or republished. If done so, strict action would be taken.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sayee
    I think you must compose some meaningful poems which will help us in our life and should be lesson giving.
    You can include quotes, idioms and proverbs.
    This was my suggestion. Rest you may see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure @ Unknown! Thank you for your valuable suggestions.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that you liked my little piece!

    ReplyDelete

'Will you remember me?'

  'Will you remember me?'   Lying on the monsoon grass, Amid the silence of the night I hear clashing and clinking Of the thoughts r...